Friday, December 22, 2006

3 More Sleeps

I can't believe it is only 3 more sleeps until christmas. We are so excited in our house. I am fairly organized. All the presents are bought and wrapped and under the tree. Just have the food shopping to do and I will tackle the shops sometime tomorrow.

The best part is that I am officially on holidays now. I have 3 weeks off. 3 weeks with absolutely nothing planned. Steve only has the public holidays off so we are only going over to Stansbury for christmas day and will come back boxing day. I intend to spend lots of quality time with the kids. We might go to the pictures - lots of kids movies on at the moment, the beach, parks and catch up with friends. And hopefully lots of sleep ins.

We broke up from work today. We had a nice staff lunch and then a few drinks. It was very casual and relaxed and I even got a $100 coles myer gift voucher from my boss. I have no idea what to spend it on yet but I'm sure it won't be too hard to think of something. We also had a dinner last Saturday night in the city which was great. All the food and drinks were paid for. I love this time of year. It makes all the hard work during the year worthwhile.

Ashleigh is almost over the chicken pox. She definitely isn't contagious anymore but still has a few spots that are slowly disappearing but she may still have a few in the christmas photos.

We have my brother and his family coming over for tea christmas eve because we won't see them christmas day this year. Then we will have lunch on christmas day with my mum, grandma and sister and her little boy and then we drive 2 hours to Stansbury after lunch to spend christmas tea with Steve's family. I don't mind driving on christmas day. We have done it for the past 3 years. There is very little traffic on the road. Everyone travels out on Boxing day.

I doubt I will get the chance to post again until after christmas, so I will post some photos of the kids and their chrissy presents.

I wish everyone a very happy and safe christmas and new year. I hope you all have a wonderful family christmas.

1 comment:

Jadey said...

Merry Christmas Tina! Safe travels!