Saturday, December 09, 2006

It must be silly season

I'm sorry it's been so long between posts again but I haven't had one night home this week. It's been crazy.

Quick run down..........

Monday night I caught up with some friends for tea. We used to go out for tea once a month but lately it's been once every two or three months. We had a great night catching up. We went to a stonegrill pub and for anyone who hasn't had stonegrill, you really need to try it. It's where you cook your own meat or fish or chicken on a very hot stone at your table. It's fun and very tasty. After tea I put $5 in the pokies and won $95 so I was very happy with that.

Tuesday night was the Robbie Williams concert here in Adelaide. I didn't get a ticket and a work friend and I decided to go and sit outside. It was a balmy night but the wind came up and it got a little cold. I forgot to take a jacket but it wasn't too bad. During the first encore, they opened up the gates and we got in. What we saw was amazing and he looked soooooo hot. It came across that he was really enjoying himself and so was the huge crowd. I haven't heard a bad word about the concert and I know heaps of people that went.

Wednesday night was the dancing trophy presentation night. Every girl got a trophy so it was a bit drawn out but a good night, especially since Ashleigh got one of the pepetual trophies. It's huge and has her name engraved on it. She gets to keep it for twelve months. I was so proud when they called out her name and she was so cute. She wouldn't let it go. She was dancing around with it after the presentations. I will take a photo and post it later. It's nearly bigger than her.

Thursday night was the school end of year event. Usually these things are very boring and drawn out, but this year was fantastic. Every class had a different era from the twenties to the naughties (00's) and it was amazing. Music from every era so it catered for everyone. Nikki was the narrator from the 30's and her class had a few dances to do. Jarryd did 'Singing in the Rain' from the 50's and Ashleigh did 'Rocky' from the 70's. A very enjoyable night. Unfortunately I forgot the camera because I had 5 mins to get changed and to the school when I got home from work.

Friday would have been netball but Nikki's team had a bye and because it was 38 deg, Ashleigh's cricket was cancelled. I did manage to finish off the last of the christmas shopping during the day. Yahoo!!!!!!

Today it got to 41.5 deg and we spent the day in the pool. We've had a few of the kids friends here as well. I also managed to write out my christmas cards. It is still quite hot and one of our air conditioners has decided to spit the dummy. So I have moved the kids out into the family room because it is far too hot in the front of the house where the bedrooms are. Steve has gone out to his work christmas show so goodness knows what time he will be home. I decided not to go because partners had to pay $60 and it's our work show next week. It would have been too hard to get babysitters two weeks in a row.

I have decided to have a break from weighing myself until after christmas. I don't want to stress about what I am eating and drinking so I'll try and do the best I can, but I'm not going to miss out. Christmas comes once a year (thank goodness) and I want to enjoy myself. Life is too short. I know I have put on a little bit but it will come off again in the new year. I still have that goal of looking good in bathers for out Qld holiday. Only 42 weeks and 6 days to go.

The good thing is that everything stops this week until the kids go back to school at the end of January. No dancing or netball or cricket and soon no work for me for 3 weeks. We break up on Dec 22nd and I don't have to go back until Jan 15th.

So much for a quick update. I will be back soon with some of our latest photos.

No comments: