Friday, February 13, 2009

A Little Loss

Well after losing 4 kgs in the last 3 weeks, I was fully expecting a small loss this week because of TTOM. I lost 300g which I am very happy with. Taking the grand total to 15.6 kgs gone forever.

Nothing much interesting to report this week. Just the usual work and school routine. The kids have all settled very well into school and they are all happy with their teachers. Ashleigh, who was the subject of bullying last year is happier than ever. One of the girls who bullyed her is in her class again and Ashleigh has come home on many occasions saying how nice she is to her now. Not sure what has turned her around but I'm not complaining. I am very happy with the way the school handled this because splitting up the 2 girls this year has worked out very well for us.

I, like everyone else has been devistated by the fires in Victoria. My best friend in Melbourne knows a few families that have lost loved ones and some of the stories are very distressing. The only good thing to come out of all this is the way Australians are pulling together and helping these people who have been left with nothing. It is going to be ongoing for months and years to come but I know they will be looked after and not forgotten.

Just a short post because I am about to walk and get the kids from school so I'd better get going.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone and a lovely Valentines Day for those who celebrate the one they love. Steve might even get lucky - hahahaha!!!!

7 comments:

Martine (email: mdally@internode.on.net) said...

A loss is a loss your doing very well and should be so proud of yourself. Said to Tania we must organise a dinner one night or walk. Martine

Miss LJ said...

Well done on your loss!! And total loss is awesome! You are certainly an inspiration for me.

Have a great weekend, and enjoy your valentines day.

Unknown said...

you are doing well, I just wish I cou get to my 10%goal it seems forever never to get there...still am not well but I suppose it will be better next week..one good thing is we are having lovely rain,The weather forcaste is saying we are supposed to be having floods in the hunter!! will keep you informed...hope you have a good weekend and I hope to catch up soon love Joanne xx

Mel. said...

Congratulations on your loss. A loss is a loss and all the small ones add up.

Cinders said...

It doesn't take long for the kids to get back into a routine does it? Good luck Tina - you're doing fantastic :)

Jenny Schimak said...

Happy Valentines to you and Steve. Hope you have a lovely evening together. Congratulations on another loss. You must be feeling great about yourself, and so you should be too, you are doing really well.

Tania said...

Congrats on another good week mate! So pleased to hear that everything has settled down with Ashleigh at school - must be a huge relief for you!