Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Quick Update

Ashleigh's healthy salad. Made all by herself for tea last night.


My bestest friend Lee and I .


My poor neglected blog!!

I guess because I am always on facebook, I forget to update here. I have never been the best blogger. But I won't ever give up because this is more like an online journal of my life. Something the kids can look back on and read when they have kids. To remember their childhood.

This month has been crazy. The kids are all doing winter sport so there are 3 games and week and 3 practice times a week. Saturday is soccer and netball. Must take the camera and take some photos. Nikki is finally allowed to start playing again. She has had 6 weeks off with her ankle and she got through practice on Monday night so I can't wait to see her play on Saturday. 5 weeks of watching her team play without her.

We went to the best party a couple of weeks ago. My best friend Lee, who lives in Melbourne came over for her brother Wayne's 50th. OMG I am now going to 50th birthdays. Aarrrggg!!
But it was my sort of party. Wayne is a surfer and the party was 1 hour from Adelaide so it was camping. And everyone camped and partied. There were many who didn't sleep and were still drinking the next day. They had the best band I have ever heard at a party. And Wayne and his kids all jammed together. It was awesome. I drank far too much but managed to stay around until 3am. The music went all night. No kids either. Made for a fantastic night.

And the best part, everyone I hadn't seen in ages commented on my weight loss.

I've had a shocker of a week. I don't know why but I've been craving salty food. Salt is not good. I notice it bloats me. My downfall at the moment is the kids snack packs of chips. I need to hide them. But I'm not stressing at all. If I put a kg or two back on, it will come off again.

I lost 700g last week taking the total to 22.5 kgs.

I'm going out for dinner tonight with some friends. We are going to a stonegrill restaurant so plenty of healthy options there.

Have a good week everyone.

5 comments:

soulmumma said...

Yay to some time on your own... you deserve it!

Good luck to Nikki on the weekend too!

I hope you had a lovely dinner out tonight!

SM x

Martine (email: mdally@internode.on.net) said...

Glad you had a good time. The weight loss is adding up. That 25kgs is in sight. Martine

Chris H said...

Facebook has a lot to answer for! I'm glad you havn't given up blogging. You and your freind look gorgeous.

Margaret said...

I am craving the same salty things too, and the bloat is killing me...Must. Drink. More. Water. LOL.

Party looked fantastic :)

Tania said...

Well I caught up eventually! Glad to hear the party went well, I know i've said it before but i'll say it again - I don't know how you juggle all the kids sporting activities! You're so well organised, I admire that and will be definitely coming to you for tips when my kids reach school age ... lol