Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A big loss this week!!!!!

Weigh in last night and I must say I was shocked to get on those scales and be told I had lost 1.8 kgs this week. I was so happy. I knew I had been very good and had done lots of exercise so I guess it was just confirmation of my good week. The meeting was very interesting. All about portion sizes. The leader demonstrated the ww scales and I think we were all shocked to discover that a banana that was weighed (and that I guessed was 1 point) was actually 2 points!!!!
I would love to get some of those scales but at $99 they are a bit out of my price range at the moment.

So I have now lost 8.2 kgs in 6 weeks.

The weather here has been glorious and I have made the most of getting out for walks. Walked a lot Friday as I mentioned in the previous post. Then an aqua class on Saturday and lots of walking again on Sunday. My mum, sister and her little boy who is nearly 2 and myself and the kids went on a Port River dolphin cruise. It was 1.5 hours and I must admit it was a little boring by the end but we did get to see some dolphins on the way back. Then an aqua class again on Monday night and a walk to the beach last night before weigh in.

Steve and I didn't do anything for Valentine's day this year. The money is very tight at the moment and because it was a netball night for Nikki and ww night for me, we didn't even get to eat a meal together. Lol that's life when you are so busy.

I have also been meaning to mention another one of the most amazing support groups I have ever been involved with. Two years ago a gorgeous lady I met on the ww website started a yahoo group for people who have weight to lose. We have lost and gained members along the way, but I have made some lifetime friends. We met up this time last year in Melbourne and it was the best weekend. We all got on so well and plan to do it again sometime soon. We are always looking for new members so if anyone is interested, here is the link:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/WeightwatchersinOz/

I must say the highlight of my week was walking to the beach with my 7 year old daughter Ashleigh yesterday. She kept stopping every 5 minutes to pick flowers out of people's gardens and giving them to me saying 'Happy Valentine's Day mummy.' I knew she shouldn't be picking flowers out of other people's gardens but I just couldn't tell her off.

No comments: