Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My feet hurt!!

I decided to walk to the closest supermarket this afternoon because I was cooking a stir fry for tea and didn't have any hoikken noodles which the kids love. I have only been walking for about 1/2 an hour each day for the last 10days or so so I'm not super fit yet - lol.

Well I totally underestimated the time because I was really dragging my feet by the time I got back. It took about 70 mins there and back. Poor kids didn't get tea until 7pm tonight.

I was bragging about my long walk over tea and Steve estimated it to be about 6 or 7 kms and then he had to add that that's what he walks every day with his job. Gee thanks for the compliment!!!!

Talking about husbands, I finally got some flowers and a card today for my anniversary on Sunday. Oh well, better late than never. I did drop alot of hints though. He sure knew that I wasn't happy when he forgot to bring something home on Sunday after I let him play golf all day.

Food wise things are going well. I have resisted all the chocolate that I gave Steve for his anniversary present. I have been having salads with tuna for lunch or crispbreads with tuna and tomato and quite enjoying them. I have also been eating lots of fruit and even bought some bananas for a treat.

Ashleigh started training for school cricket after school today. She came out of school yesterday pleading with me to play cricket of all things. She was so excited so I couldn't say no. Just another thing to juggle each week. Steve will have to help out though because she plays Friday nights which is the same night as Nikki's netball for the summer season which is starting this friday.

That's why I love school holidays so much, everything stops for 2 weeks. It's wonderful!!

Be back later in the week to update again.

1 comment:

Tania said...

Congrats on the big walk, it's a great feeling isn't it? I admire your determination to eat salads, i'm still stuck on the whole bread thing for my lunch but hopefully that will improve as the weather gets warmer.