Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Over for Another Year


Thank goodness easter is over. We have enough chocolate in our house to start a shop. It was Steve's birthday on easter sunday and he got double the chocolate. The picture of the kids and him, he had just woken up so that's his excuse for having his eyes shut - lol.

After I took the photo of Jarryd with his big chocolate frog, our digital camera died. The pictures are all fuzzy with lines through it so I had to resort to the old film camera. It makes me appreciate digital technology.

As you can see by the photos, the kids were very spoilt by the easter bunny. Jarryd woke up at

1.30am and sneaked out to find the easter bunny had been and Steve asleep in front of the TV. I think we eventually got up around 7am so I guess it could have been worse. We went to stay at Steve's parents who live in a beautiful coastal town 2 hours from Adelaide. It was the most wonderful, relaxing weekend and the weather was perfect. Unfortunately we didn't get over there until 5.30pm Saturday afternoon because Nikki had an ice skating party Saturday. I wish we could have stayed longer.

I must confess to eating quite a lot of chocolate but I decided I wasn't going to stress about it and I was going to have a week off of the scales. I jumped on the scales this morning to a 1.5 kg gain but I don't care. Easter is for enjoying and I enjoyed.

Nikki had her netball breakup last Tuesday and she came home with the best and fairest trophy for her team so she was thrilled. It was well deserved because it has been a horrible season with a lot of girls pulling out but Nikki stuck at it and it paid off.

I am having trouble finding enough daylight hours to walk now that daylight saving has finished. By the time I get home from work 3 nights a week and organize dinner, it is dark and I won't walk in the dark by myself. I have to make a huge effort to get back on track and walk at least 2 nights a week and both Saturday and Sunday. I haven't walked for nearly a week and already I am starting to feel like I have the 'can't be bothered' attitude.

School finishes here on Friday and then the kids are on holidays for 2 weeks. I can't have any time off so Steve is going to take a couple of carer days and I have a wonderful 22 year old next door neighbour who will help me out for a couple of days. And my wonderful mother will do the rest. She always takes the kids to the pictures a couple of times during the holidays so I'm sure the time will fly.

And then it will be May and I am off to Melbourne. I can't wait. Of course I love my husband and children more than anything in this world, but I love having time away with my friends. I think that is a mother and fathers right - to have time out. It's our reward - lol.

4 comments:

CaramelKitKat said...

Did you HAVE to post a photo of a Haigh's frog? And did it HAVE to be that size??! My grin isn't as charmingly toothless, but it would have been as big! Droooolllll.......

Tania said...

Glad to hear you all had a lovely Easter - hope Steve enjoyed his birthday too! Congrats to Nikki on winning B&F, I bet she's glad she stuck with it.

Good on you for allowing yourself a bit of indulgence, after all we'll never learn the art of maintenance without the occasional treat. Hope you're having a good week.

Jenny Schimak said...

That frog is huge, I have never seen an Easter frog before lol......

We have an Easter store in our house too, fortunately I only nibble on the really good stuff, so I allow myself a little everyday....... Those cadbury dark chocolate bunnies are delish!!

Glad you had a great weekend. Our school holidays finish on Tuesday and you will still have some time, our's are quite short..........don't know why it's only a week.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Lisa C said...

How huge is that frog??? That is fantastic...will be looking for them next year :)