Saturday, January 27, 2007

Happy Australia Day

I have been a bit lazy this week updating my blog but nothing much has happened. I've been back at work for 2 weeks now and it doesn't even feel like I've had a holiday. Oh well only 36 weeks until our big Queensland holiday!!

I had to put Bonnie's surgery off until next Thursday because I really want to be around the day after she has it and that wasn't possible this week. I really don't have a good feeling about this lump. It's not bothering her though. For a 13 year old german shepherd, she still can still give the birds a run for their money.

We are going to some friends tonight for a Australia Day BBQ and then there are fireworks at Semaphore which we are going to try and get to.

Last night Nikki had a friend over from Melbourne for a sleepover and we took the kids to the Semaphore sideshows. They have been there all the school holidays and I have been promising to take them for ages. Every time we were going, it was either too hot or like last Saturday night, it was pouring with rain. So last night was perfect. I had lots of 2 for 1 vouchers and it made it a bit cheaper but I still managed to spend around $60. We met up with some friends there and all the kids went on the cha cha. My kids loved it but one of the other kids who is older than my kids had his eyes shut the whole time and we could tell he was hating it. When he came off, he looked very white and I thought he was going to be sick but he came good. We had a good laugh though!!

We even went for a walk on the jetty and got to see the comet that everyone is talking about. It was such a perfect night. One of those gorgeous balmy summer nights.

I have been reading lots of blogs lately talking about the word "diet"
I really think that has been my downfall with my weight loss. I set myself goals and struggle to get there. I really think the only way this is going to work is if I can change my mindset to living a healthy eating lifestyle. Does that make sense??
When I deprive myself of treats, I end up going on a binge and undo all the good I have done. In a way the weight watchers plan does this. I know there is negative talk about ww but their way of thinking is so true. There is nothing you can't have. You just can't have the bad foods all the time.

Saying that, I have had a very good week this week after last week. The proof will be on the scales tomorrow morning but there will be a loss. There hasn't been enough exercise this week unfortunately due to things happening Tuesday, Wednesday and last night but I will step that up this week.

I have found so much support in the blogger world especially Lisa Jane and Kate. We've had some crazy chats lately but I want to thank you for your support in this journey. I am very determined to see this through. One thing about me is that I never give up. Thank god or I would weigh about 200 kgs - lol!!!!!!!

Have a fantastic Aussie Day weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Well???? How'd your weigh in so Tina?
I know what you mean about 'diets' - it suggests that it's only tmeporary, until you get to your goal. But you need to understand that it's for life, my ww leader even says that! She's under no impression that ww is a 'diet' and said "this is your AA equivelant - it IS for life".
It really is true. DOn't restrict yourself though, I found that just lead me to binge. Since rejoining ww I had about 3 points of chocolate a day for the first 6 weeks, because I needed it. If I hadn't I would have gone out and bought a block and eaten it in 10mins! Now, I have a small chocolate probably once a week. I know I can have more - if I want, but I now CHOOSE not to.
I now have the power.
Kate xx