Saturday, January 06, 2007

Tooo Hot

Thank goodness for a cooler day!! It's only going to be 31 here today. The last 3 days have been 39 and 40 deg although we got some rain yesterday which cooled things down a lot but also made it really humid.

We have spent most of the week in the pool which has been wonderful. On Thursday we had 12 kids and 5 adults in the pool at different stages. I felt like I was running vacation care - lol. The only grizzle I have with kids coming over for a swim is that they get so hungry and not many of the kids ever bring anything to eat. Why is that?? So I brought out very little on Thursday. I had some microwave popcorn and some frankfurts and that was lunch. I'm sure they were all very hungry when they went home.

Steve had to go home to Stansbury on Tuesday for his nana's funeral. She was 89 and had been in a nursing home for a couple of years. Still very sad because she was a wonderful lady. She had 10 kids and there were a lot of family there. I didn't go with the kids because it was a gravesite service 2 hours from Adelaide and it was very hot. I'm not sure how the kids would have coped with it. Steve went over on his motorbike.

Speaking of motorbikes, Steve has been looking for a new (second hand) one for a while now. He went to look at one in the paper today and he rang me to ask how much we had in the bank for a deposit. He is so happy. It's just what he has been looking for. He has always ridden Kawasaki bikes but recently he has had other bikes which I really don't think he has been completely happy with. So he is back to a Kawasaki again. Don't ask me what model but I will post a photo when he picks it up later in the week. So hopefully we will have a happy daddy in our house instead of a grumpy daddy - lol.

Like a lot of people, I have started my weight loss journey afresh with the new year. I weighed for the 1st time today after 5 weeks and I have put on 3 kgs. How come it is so easy to put on weight and so hard to lose it?????? Anyway it wasn't unexpected. I have been drinking and eating far too much but I don't regret enjoying myself over the christmas/new year period. It is only 39 weeks until our Queensland holiday so I really need to get back into it. I have been walking again every night even in the heat. Nikki came with me last night and she was exhausted when we got back. It was raining but we still went with our umbrellas. Actually it was very nice but very humid.

I only have 1 week of holidays left. Where did that go?? I must admit I have been very lazy and haven't done very much with the kids, but because it has been so hot they have been in the pool every day and haven't even asked to go to the pictures. I have a few friends to catch up with next week and then I will be back at work. Not looking forward to that at all. I love the school holidays. No routine at all. The kids have been staying up at night and sleeping in every day. Boy am I going to be in trouble when we have to get back into school routine. Oh well, a few more weeks yet.

Better go, the kids want to get into the pool again. It's supposed to be cooler here tomorrow and Monday - in the mid twenties. It will be nice to open up the house again.

1 comment:

Tania said...

What a god send your new pool is turning out to be! Sounds like you're having a great time just relaxing and you so deserve it! Look forward to catching up on Friday.