Monday, January 03, 2011

Full of Inspiration

Beautiful Glenelg. Wish I had got further down to take some photos of the beach.


After yesterdays debarcle on the weight watchers forums I realised how much wonderful support I have on this hard, long journey of weight loss. Yes there are always going to be people that just want to stir and name call but for every one of them, there are 10 times the amount of lovely people who just want to get support and help like I do. Enough said on that subject!!!




With that in mind I am even more determined to get this weight off this year. I am still over 15 kgs lighter than I was 2 years ago but it should have been a lot more. I know Tania will be yelling at me on this comment because I could have put all the weight back on but I still feel so much frustration that I could be nearly to goal by now.




I had a lovely day today. Nikki and I met some friends at Glenelg for coffee and a walk around the shops. As usual I am counting the $$ especially after christmas but money burns a whole in Nikki's pockets. Now that she is earning her own money, she has become a spendaholic and why not!! She bought a long jumpsuit for $15 from Ice and although it is a little big on her, it is her all over.




I had to laugh when I checked my comments from my last post. Sammy told me to go and cut up some fruit which I said I had been too lazy to do. But guess what Sammy???


I had already been to the shop and bought some watermelon and rockmelon and cut it all up before I saw your comment. Mind you I spent $10 of the fruit and that is all I bought. Fruit and veges have gone up so much and it is only going to get worse with all the flooding in Qld. I'm sure we grow watermelon here in SA so why is it $4.00 per kg when it's usually $1 - $2 per kg?? I really need to get off my butt and go to the local markets on a sunday morning.




Anyway better get off this computer and go and make tea. The maid and the chef didn't turn up today - LOL!!! Then we are off for another walk to the beach after tea to make the most of this glorious weather.




3 comments:

samantha said...

Hahahahaha!!!!LOL. Glad you guys got out and had a lovely day in Glenelg, must get down that way next time I am in town. I went in and loooked at the thread you were talking about Tina, and man there are some seriously angry women in there! LOL But as you said for every one moron there is 10 good ones! Sam xx

Chris H said...

Fresh fruit and veges are expensive here too.. it's nuts.

Tania said...

I believe people who resort to those tactics do so for one main reason - jealousy! They could be jealous because they "don't fit in", don't have the support others do, haven't achieved the success they wanted - whatever! But that is often the underlying reason. Good on you for not being afraid to stick up for someone that you believe in.

Me? Yell at you? LOL ... my focus is just putting a positive slant on something that can otherwise be seen as a negative. You've had a lot going on in the last couple of years and the fact that you didn't get to goal doesn't matter - what's important is that you will.

2011 is going to be a great year for you - I can feel it and what's more you deserve it.