Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Latest News

Jarryd is recovering well from the chicken pox. I don't think he has had a really bad dose. I guess it could have been a lot worse. The first night I gave him a carb soda bath to help with the itching. (Mum's old wives tale) but I think it made it worse not better. He had a dreadful night. Crying and scratching all night. We got very little sleep that night. Over the weekend I gave him some clarantyne which did wonders. No scratching at all.

We've had lots of hot weather here and the kids have spent nearly every day in the pool. On Sunday I took the girls for a walk. We had a street fair on at Semaphore and I parked the car at our local beach and walked along the beach. It took about 25 mins and it was quite warm although there was a nice breeze blowing. We walked up and down the street and then walked back to the car and the girls whinged all the way back!!! I outdid them and I was very proud of myself. Sure I was hot but I felt good.

I had a loss of 2 kgs this week which takes the total to 7.6 kgs in 7 weeks. I must confess I haven't been walking anywhere near as much as I should be, but life is just too busy at the moment. I have been doing as much as I can.

I got most of my christmas shopping finished on Friday. Mum had Jarryd and I was on a mission. It feels good to get it done. Now I just have to wrap everything and write cards. The kids have been getting cards from schoolfriends so I guess that will be the next thing. Sit them down and get them to write out cards. I hate that job. But it is nice to receive christmas cards so I always make the effort. Why is it always left to us women. I don't think Steve has wrapped a present or written a card in the 14 years we have been together. Or shopped for that matter. I'll be lucky if he takes the kids out to get me something - well I will have to remind him. Hopeless but lovable.

We are going strawberry picking this weekend (postponed from last weekend) so I will take the camera and post some photos. Yum!!

No comments: