Sunday, November 19, 2006

Where has the time gone??

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted. It has probably been the busiest 2 weeks in ages.

Firstly my weight journey. Last Saturday weigh in I lost .3 but this week was a bit of a disaster. I put on 800g. I think my busy lifestyle of the last couple of weeks and lack of exercise have caught up with me. I'm glad the last couple of weeks are behind me. I shouldn't use it as an excuse for gaining weight but it hasn't been a normal two weeks. Also one of the reasons I haven't had time to post here.

The girls had their dancing concert last Sunday and had extra rehearsals during that week. Our usual week consists of netball practice, 2 netball games for Nikki, cricket practice and game for Ashleigh and dancing for both of the girls. So add a couple of extra dance practices and me having to work extra hours, it has been a tough couple of weeks. I am so glad dancing is over for the year. The concert made it all worthwhile because it went so well.

We had a few too many take away meals and I haven't been walking for over a week. So no more excuses!!! I have to keep focussing on our Queensland holiday. I have to fit into those bathers - lol.

The dancing concert was unreal. I wish I could have taken photos of the girls performances but they don't allow cameras in the theatre. The pictures I have were all taken backstage by the girls. It was a huge day and the girls were exhausted. They had to be at the theatre at 9am in the morning for rehearsals and we didn't get home until 6pm.

Steve went away that weekend on a motorbike rally to Portland in Victoria. He didn't get back until Tuesday morning so it was even harder having the 3 kids totally by myself for 5 days. I don't know how single mums do it all the time, but then again, I guess in some situations they get to be without the kids when the fathers have them on weekends.

I had to work extra hours last week which I hated. One of the guys in the office is on holidays and the other girl in the office had a very sick mother and had 3 days off to look after her. So I had to cover her. The extra money was nice but I wouldn't want to do it all the time.

Our kids had a pupil free day on Friday so I took them to the magic cave to see Father Christmas. I am charging up the camera so I will post more about that when I upload the photos.

So I am looking forward to this week being a little quieter and back to normal. I intend to make every effort to walk every day as I was doing and enjoying. I'll be back later to post some photos of our visit to Santa and the kids putting the christmas tree up.

No comments: