Sunday, November 05, 2006

Pageant day

We had the best day yesterday. It started at 5.45am when I got the kids out of bed. They were so excited. It's a tradition to take them to the christmas pageant and we wanted to get up there early to get front row seats.

It didn't start until 9.45am but the time went so quickly. We took game boys, colouring books and food and drinks so they were very busy. Another tradition is taking chalk and all the kids do drawings on the road. We go to the same spot every year and have got to know some of the families around us quite well.

It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining down. We have a great spot under a tree so we are always in the shade and there is a cafe behind us so we can get coffee. I have put some of the photos here. There were about 50 floats so these are just a few of my favourites. Unfortunately the camera battery died just before father christmas came along so I didn't get a photo of him.

Onto weight loss matters. I lost 600g this week which takes the total to 6.1 kgs in 4 weeks. I'm still walking alot. I walked the kids to school on Friday and then I spent the whole day christmas shopping. I was so tired when I got home but I still managed to walk to get the kids from school which is a 1/2 hour round trip. My feet were aching Friday night.

I have done well with my christmas shopping. I know it's still 7 weeks away but I have been watching the catalogues and I don't think I have bought anything at full price. Steve is going to be easy this year. He has already bought a ticket to the Roger Waters concert in February (Pink Floyd). That was $100 and also James Hird the essendon footballer is releasing his book at West Lakes in a couple of weeks so I bought him a ticket for that. It's pretty good value because you get the book and James Hird will autograph it. Also it's at a cafe so food and drink is included as well all for $40. The book alone is $45. I guess I will be driving him and picking him up that night.

I'm not sure what's wrong with me this year - lol. I usually do my christmas shopping the week before.

Yesterday was a very full day. Not only did we have the pageant, Jarryd had a birthday party in the afternoon and then we had a family friend's 7th birthday party at night. I made the kids have a sleep in the afternoon, which they all did after telling me they weren't tired. Thank goodness they did because we didn't get home until 11.30pm. They wouldn't have made it if they didn't have a sleep because of our early start to the day.

We are off for a walk to the beach soon. It's another gorgeous day here. Steve is playing golf so I'm going to take the kids to the beach and have a coffee while they play on the playground.

I'll be back later in the week.

1 comment:

Tania said...

What a perfect weekend! Your photos are great, I have a feeling the pageant will become a bit of a tradition for us too! Michael forgot the camera and Lachlan fell asleep before getting his first glimpse at Santa but there's always this Saturday to make up for it when we take him to the Salisbury pageant. I had no idea kids were allowed to draw on the road with chalk (it's been years since I went to the pageant and i've always been in Victoria Square - we were in Grenfell Street this year).

Well done on your loss this week too - you're doing great! Can't wait until we get to catch up in a couple of weeks, it will be great to see you again!